My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

9.14.2008

Finding Guns on the Lord's Day

I have begun thinking about firearms I want to purchase when I turn twenty-one. I will most likely carry one with me on campus despite the fierce ban on guns here.

I want a 9mm handgun (probably a Beretta), a revolver, and a shotgun to start me off. I'm leaning towards the 92FS Inox, which is about seven hundred dollars, the Smith & Wesson 686 (eight, nine hundred dollars) and an 18" Remington 870 Marine Magnum (five hundred dollars). I'll get a rifle sometime after that, probably an AR-15. or something of that caliber. Also I need to learn to properly and efficiently operate, clean, and train with firearms.

The first item I would purchase is probably the Beretta, just because of its practicability in self-defense. Then the shotgun (home defense), S&W, and finally the rifle, since I don't have much use for rifles (don't hunt, and bad people I need to put down will be right in front of me).

Now I just need an extra twenty-seven hundred dollars.

No comments: