My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

3.06.2008

The Thrill of Spring

So things are starting to work out better than I had hoped. Hurdles I thought insurmountable are passed, with not exactly ease, persay, but far less effort than I had originally anticipated. For example:
  • I might be going to Annapolis! There are 9 rising sophmores who want to transfer, and God be praised, I am No.1! Getting my application in was quite a challenge, but I fnially was able to obtain a waver for the $500 entrance fee so it looks like Sophmore Year will be spent in Maryland. How cool is that?
  • I'm working at HRC over the summer! I spent a lot of time agonizing over the decision, but B&G isn't a job I would enjoy as much, and it would earn me almost as much as HRC because for two weeks I would need to find a place to stay. I think I made the right decision. I am very excited to work with Becky again and work as a wrangler. Maybe I can even stay after Res Camp is over and help with Passage and whatnot. Mmmmm...
  • There is a good chance, according to Mr. Johnston, that I can stay in town over spring break. That would be awesome, but it's almost time to book a plane ticket or something and I'm really antsy. I try not to worry about it, I really do. Living without worry is so much better than the alternative, but sometimes I can't help it. But whatever happens will happen.
  • I'm learning Greek! We're on the Meno, and I can finally keep up. I've been working much harder and making good progress. I have a purely selfish goal; impressing Mr. Pagano. This might sound childish, but in all honesty he is a tutor whose respect I would really love to have.

Stuff is happening. The 07-08 year is wrapping up, and in but a few months I will be a rising sophmore! Incredibly exciting. I think I'm in the perfect school, and I believe I am following God's will for my life. Hence I am confident and self-assured. Why? Because it's not up to me, so why bother about it? I could try and run my own life. Heck, if I had, I'd probably be in Iraq right now instead of receiving the best education money can possibly buy. (while being a soldier is something I would LOVE to do, I'm holding off on it till further notice. Maybe I'll put in a word to God about it)

I am very curious to see what this summer will hold for me..

No comments: