My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

2.19.2008

Spring Semester.

Break didn't exactly work out the way I hoped; I reviewed little Greek, and read almost no Thucydides. I did all right with the readings, but Greek is still a monster trying to devour me. I'm fighting back and indeed, my combat is proving superior, but it is a terrible struggle. I'm exhausted every weekend, and I have three papers due within two weeks of each other.

On the whole, it's great to be back. I got over my sickness (fever, nausea, diahrrea flu, even blindness) and all that's left is the remnant of a cough. I really hope nothing like that happens again for a very long time. But I'm back on my feet and ready to rock and roll.

I have a large decision to make: where shall I work over the summer? HoneyRock Camp or St. John's College, Santa Fe? I will make about $300 more here, but I'd have perhaps more fun at HoneyRock, (my favorite place in the world) I would get to work with Ms. Webber, and I would get to fulfill my dream of being a Wrangler that I have entertained since '03.

Shucks, I don't know what I'd do. I'll ask God and see what He thinks.

No comments: