My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

2.27.2007

Amazing Violin


I found out that this violinist, Hilary Hahn, records Mozart and Beethoven. Wow. I was a big fan of hers awhile ago, having heard her scoring of M. Night Shyamalan's The Village, but hearing one of her recordings woke me up to how talented an artist she really is. I wish I knew violin.

I want her recordings of Mozart's Sonatas for violin and piano as well as Bach's Partitas.

Mmm, violin.


No comments: