My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

10.01.2008

In Which I Contemplate Politics

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

C. S. Lewis wrote those fine words; truer and finer political words have seldom been written.

I do not care for democracy. Rule of the mob, even indirect rule of the mob (representative republic, current U.S. Government) will never effect Justice. Neither political candidate will deliver us, not even the one treated like the Messiah (and they're serious, too. I haven't seen such devotion to a political candidate before and it's troubling), for they are both moral busybodies.

Aristocracy has a bad rap, but ever since reading The Republic, Gorgias, Politics, and Thucydides, "rule of the best" seems more and more attractive to me. In our modern world, maybe something like a strong constitutional monarchy, for it is far easier to have one strong virtuous ruler than have 300 million strong, virtuous citizens.

I have the cynicism of youth, not the idolization of cause like most college students flocking after Obama like the rest of the sheeple. I have had it with a two-party system; neither Republicans or Democrats have the right vision with respect to this country and I am sick of politics. I'm through. My last political action will be to throw in a useless vote in November. Finis.

President Bush addresses the fucking nation!?If you aren't getting it already... this financial crisis is fucking armaggeddon.The next to go are the biggest banks in the world. Citigroup, Bank of America, Wachovia.I predicted this was going to be a society altering event, I will be proven right. Shit is going to be bad, and then the cultural misallocations are going to reveal themselves. The final gasp will be the police state, followed by a new order, whatever it may be.The end result of free market interference is ALWAYS Rome. Degree and therefore time are the only variables.

Just to clarify, that was Kaizen, not me. I'm saving that so I can mock him when Armageddon doesn't hit.

No comments: