My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

4.25.2008

Everything fits into Place

The final month of the semester is here. In five weeks, God willing, I will be in the North Woods working with Ms. Webber and any other wranglers that show up. And in addition, I will get to meet the new foal that Ginger birthed! I hope they name him/her either Brasidas or Antigone.

What a mind job. The switch will be absolutely tremendous! From secular-as-hell St. John's to thoroughly Christian HoneyRock. I'll adjust just fine once I get used to hearing people speak without profanity and hopefully there exists a piano still at camp.

The work will be very hard, of course, and I will be reveiwing Greek (I fully expect to work through the entire Luschnig text and translate a book from the New Testament) and reading like crazy: On the Soul, Nichomachean Ethics, Gorgias, and The Peloponnesian War. I'll finish those in plenty of time assuming I can actually read between 30 and 50 pages of Thucydides a day. In addition, I hope to finish Chopin's Etude No.3 in E major and maybe even putt around with his third Ballade. Who can say?

Everything is fitting into place. After Reality I'll be home for a day, spend the entire summer at HoneyRock, and off to Annapolis for a year. (And the campus is so gorgeous I can hardly believe it)

Alas, this post is very stream-of-concious. I apologize and will never post like this again as long as I can help myself.

No comments: