My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

1.15.2009

New Year, New Semester

It is the Year of Our Lord 2009. Hallelujah! Welcome, New Year, and farewell 2008! 2008 was about the best year of my life; let's see if this year can top it.

I am changing, rapidly changing. My my mind has undergone tremendous changes (largely due to my tenure at St. John's), my emotions are more tightly controlled than ever, and my opinions on the world and its contents have changed more than I ever thought possible. Thankfully my faith has remained constant, though its expression has not. I have been blessed beyond belief; trials and difficulties have been withheld me, so I am grateful, and pray the same on those I love.

By the grace of God, I will finish sophomore year and become a rising junior on 15 May, then head up to northern Wisconsin and work as a wrangler. Beyond that, who knows?

I'll keep this quick for I must eat lunch, work, and study for seminar tonight (Dante's Comedy). I have a short list of things to accomplish this semester.
  • Read Aristotle's Physics, Metaphysics, and On the Soul
  • Study Chopin's Ballade No.3 in A flat
  • Translate a verse from the New Testament every day
  • Begin and maintain a disciplined exercise regimen
  • Ace my classes.
I hope I can do all this. May New Year's wishings and blessings be with you.

No comments: